Monday, December 19, 2011

We Made It!


Yacht Rock finished off a tough stretch of gigs by playing a wedding Sunday night at Puritan Mill.  I'd never played a wedding gig there with a stage--always on the concrete floor.  I wonder if it's permanent?

I think it was probably the best gig of the weekend.  The crowd was into it (and really good looking), the load in was easy, the stage was big, we had someone else running sound for us, we only played two sets…piece of cake!  And the band played pretty well.


Not much to report, other than that.  Pete's wife Alyssa was the wedding coordinator (from Sashay Events with Mark Cobb's wife Katy) and she sat in with us on five songs, some of which we hadn't played in a year.  In particular, we hit You're So Vain again, and I finally got through it without choking (like last time).  Yay for me!


Bencuya slipped Rockit into I Wanna Be Your Lover.  Very cool, though it got no reaction from the band.  Not listening?  I tucked three Christmas carols into my Reminiscing solo Friday night and got no reaction either.  It makes me wonder what everybody's doing.  Dannells was standing right next to me and didn't hear any of them.  Kind of like last night at the Buckhead Theatre--I was pumped up about my solo on Dick in a Box, and when I said something to Bencuya about it, he said, "Was it good?"

Anyway…we finished at midnight.  In bed by two.  We made it!

davidfreemanmusic.net