Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween in Buckhead























Last night Yacht Rock played "the place that used to be called Andrews Upstairs but is now called 8 Traxx Disco."  We did a set of Yacht Rock and then Michael Jackson's Thriller in its entirety.

























I used to really like playing Andrews/8 Traxx when the stage was a bit larger.  Since they converted it to basically a carpeted sidewalk, it's really hard to have fun on stage.  Now we're all in a row, with me on the opposite side of the stage from where I normally set up.  It's a drag.

Sitting next to Bencuya feels like I'm taking a keyboard test.  Last night's grade was probably a B-.  I just couldn't get going and I was tired and made too many stupid mistakes.  I hope he doesn't think I play that poorly all the time!  I was pretty embarrassed about all of my screw ups.  On You're So Vain, he mercifully offered to double me ("to make it sound bigger") after I choked on it at soundcheck.  He makes it look (and sound) so easy.

Pete and Alyssa Olson had a baby yesterday morning, so Vanessa Oliverez subbed for him.  She did a fantastic job.  Here's her costume (pilot for the Mile High Club).























Here's Greg Lee as Captain America.























The Great Mark Bencuya as Captain Fantastic (Elton John).























Nick Niespodziani as Captain Stubing.























Mark Cobb as Captain Chuck Yeager(meister).























Myself as Captain Jean Luc Picard.























My man Mark Dannells as Captain D.
























davidfreemanmusic.net