Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tacky Christmas Party


Yacht Rock spent Saturday night at the Buckhead Theatre for the Tacky Christmas Party--a benefit for Toys for Tots.


This event was not well attended.  I believe the ticket prices were pretty steep (I heard $75), and we were advertised as Please Pleaserock Me instead of Yacht Rock.  I wonder if we'd been booked as the latter if they crowd would have been stronger.  I think there were only a couple of hundred people there.  It looked pretty empty.


No problems, though.  We played right through it.  There were some great moments (Cobb's drum fill in With a Little Help from my Friends) and some keyboard issues (I switched keyboard patches while playing the drum pads on my Fantom, and the first keyboard note I hit sounded like a police siren!  Holy shit!).


I played a really good solo on Dick in a Box.  I hope somebody got video of it!  I don't know why--just a combination of luck and being able to hear myself well.  I could have kept going--everything I was playing worked great.  Wish I'd played that well the week before!

davidfreemanmusic.net