Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rave Against the (YRR) Machine


Yacht Rock played a marathon of a gig last night--4 sets!

The party was at Ventanas…never a good place for a band this size.  Loading in is difficult (to say the least) and the room is acoustically difficult--all glass and concrete.



The most difficult part of this gig, however, was the music in between the sets.  The client played their iPods during the breaks, and it was all euro disco kinda stuff.  I don't even know the genre.  It was what I imagine a rave sounds like, except this was a corporate holiday party.  They loved that stuff, too, which made me wonder why we were there.  I guess they liked us too, but it was really tough to come back from spin-class music and do our thing.


I had a good night playing--better than last night.  My hands felt quick.  Dannells and I did really well on Still the One (me playing the second guitar).  I'm still reading my chart (the concert pitch to alto thing kills me).


























We finished at 1 AM.  In bed at 3!
davidfreemanmusic.net