Monday, March 18, 2019

South Pacific

In the middle of last week, I got a phone call about subbing on clarinet in the pit for South Pacific at the Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center. Awesome! I'm always trying to 1. play with some different people; 2. play more musicals; 3. play more woodwinds (especially flute, clarinet, and alto sax). This was a perfect situation. I worked on the book Thursday night, all day Friday, and most of Saturday, and when the show started I was relaxed about what I would find on the next page. 


The Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center is a really nice room, by the way. And oh yeah!--we wore tuxedos! I gave away my tuxedo to Goodwill (my family is like, "Of course you did") maybe six or seven years ago, so I wore a tux shirt, a black bowtie, and an old black suit. Close enough. It's going to take more than one tux gig for me to reinvest! 

Great gig, though. I was pumped.