Monday, March 25, 2019

Twice in Athens, Twice Stop Making Sense

Before I begin the weekend recap, I want to mention that Yacht Rock put out a live album a couple of weeks ago. The recording is from a show in Boston at The Royale in May 2018 (there's a blog recap that mentions nothing about the gig here).

You can find it on iTunes here. I don't think there are any physical copies to be had.



Thursday: Athens, GA. It's time to play the Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense again, beginning with a show at the Georgia Theatre in Athens.


Here's a broadcast, in case you missed it:



Saturday: Stop Making Sense at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta. This one may have sold out, though it didn't look like it to me.


Sunday: Back to Athens for a private Yacht Rock show at the Georgia Theatre--I think it was for an insurance company. We played an hour and a half to a pretty empty room. People were kind of lukewarm about it, but I don't care. I think it was a good rehearsal for us to start thinking about these songs again. The big Yacht Rock tour starts next week in Florida!