Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Week Off

I've had more or less the entire last week off.  Since playing the 40 Watt last Friday night, I've managed only my PM church gig (at that to a Super Bowl-shrunken congregation).

I'm not gonna lie…other than the fact that I made no money and we're living off savings this week (ouch), this has been a great week.  I got plenty of sleep, plenty of exercise, plenty of time with my family, and time to practice.  Ahhh!  It's been awesome!  During the day, I had to time to tinker with equipment, bang on the piano, watch YouTube videos.  It's kind of what I imagined my life would be like as a professional musician (except for the whole no gigs/no money thing)--that I would have time to practice (the kind where you work on universal things, not the "holy shit!  I have to play this Friday!" kinds of things), and still have time for my life outside of music.  This is it!  I'm lovin' it!

Next week is a lot more busy, with gigs Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and a rehearsal Thursday.  Feed me, Seymour!

davidfreemanmusic.net