Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ain't Misbehavin', Closing Night (for me)

I played my final night of Ain't Misbehavin' with the Atlanta Lyric Theatre tonight.  Great stuff!


Everything I'd messed up last night was right tonight.  I had a great time and was able to enjoy the show instead of panicking about whatever was coming next.  Too bad opening night had to be my rehearsal, but I was a thousand percent more comfortable on this one.  I know I played WAAAAAAAY better than last night.  It was suddenly an easy gig!

One of the most important changes I made between last night and tonight was to better situate my instruments.  Rather than keep my sax stand off to my right, I put a clarinet peg between my feet and kept my alto in my lap.  Much faster!


Here's how my opening (How Ya, Baby) sounded tonight.  It seems like my iPhone doesn't like snare drum.

 How Ya, Baby by David B Freeman

I had a wonderful time.  After the gig, I was so excited, I probably would have done a victory lap around Marietta Square if it hadn't been raining.  I was really pumped up.

Eric Alexander and me

Scott Glazer and me

I look kind of like the detective handcuffed to Lee Harvey Oswald when Jack Ruby shot him.


the guys in the band!

I hope to do it again soon!  Congratulations to the Atlanta Lyric Theatre on a great show!

davidfreemanmusic.net