Monday, January 16, 2012

Variety Playhouse show


We made it!  Another big show has come and gone.  There were some rough spots, but we all got through it.  Thanks to the crowd for the great turn out, and thanks to Farrell for making it look so good.



Not much for me to do on this gig…I played on about two thirds of the first set (things like cowbell on the outro of one song), two minor things on the middle set, and most of the last set.  At least it made loading out quick and easy.  I also ate half a bag of Cheetos on stage and drank enough of a martini to make my lips numb.

I got up and did my two church gigs (with a big nap in between).  I've got nothing to say about either one.  Actually, I will say that my soprano sound was good tonight--I have a reed in just the perfect point in its life.  Also, my flute is still in the shop from the beer spill incident, so I used a different flute with much better results.  It really shows how messed up my instrument was.  Not cool, beer spill girl!  You owe me a frickin' boatload of money for the repadding of my flute!

Here are a few recents YouTube additions…Dick in a Box has a good sax solo at the end (2:15 until the end).



My Old School…utilizing my sax effects pedal to set to play in octaves.  I could afford to be louder in the mix, but damn everybody sounds good on this one.



davidfreemanmusic.net