Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Ivy

Yacht Rock played a show at The Ivy in Buckhead last night.  Where's that?  It used to be Carbo's, and then it burned.  Now it looks like a two story Buckhead bar, complete with asshole parking attendant.

It was a strange gig.  I can't really say why we were there.  It was the beginning of their "Thursday Night Concert Series" (what the hell is that?), which is obviously so huge and important and worth the money that they failed to mention it on their EVENTS PAGE on their website.  I guess they made up for it with multiple Facebook posts.





I think we played alright.  The place was packed in spite of the aforementioned ineptitude.  We tested out a few of the songs from our upcoming Dazed and Confused show, which gave me a chance to sit back and do nothing.


Anyway, no big deal…

Friday was an all day mega rehearsal for the Variety Playhouse show.  A week ago, I thought we were screwed and it wouldn't come together in a week.  Now I think the show's going to be really good.  Fear and charts!

I managed to watch almost all of Top Gun while Led Zep 4 was rehearsed.  I still can't believe Kelly McGillis is a lesbian.

Big show Saturday night!


davidfreemanmusic.net