Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wilmington, NC


After my Friday night meltdown, I had just a few hours to sober up and head to the airport.  I picked Nick up at 5:30 AM (ouch) and met up with everybody for a flight to North Carolina for a gig.

Most of the day was pretty foggy.  Fortunately, we got there pretty early, checked into our rooms, and crashed.  By the time we left for the venue, I felt pretty good!  We each had a room to ourselves.  Check mine out.



Yacht Rock played a wedding reception in an old church that had been converted into an event facility.  It was a really pretty room.  Sound-wise, maybe not so great, but it was cool looking.




I had my gear, so I was happy.  I finally played I'd Really Love to See You Tonight without any mistakes.





Bencuya deals with crappy gear
The only blemish on the evening was that Nick got food poisoning and missed about half the gig.  Even after he'd puked his guts out a couple of times, he was still too beaten up to do anything more than wait for the gig to end.

Before the third set, we all went outside and watched the fireworks.




Nice gig!  We flew back to Atlanta the next day.  I slept the whole way.




davidfreemanmusic.net