Monday, April 11, 2011

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday night I had another House Live gig--same guys as earlier in the week!  We played a networking reception for Microsoft at the Omni downtown.  Super easy, and we were done at 9!  Can't beat that.

I shot a couple of videos from the gig.  Note to iPhone users:  don't use the front camera to shoot video!  Not high quality!

My idea in playing this gig is to focus on the stream of consciousness and the velocity of the line--there's really no climax because the background is pretty static.  At times, it can be pretty mindless until I come across another idea to mangle.







Sunday was a day of church gigs (and mowing the yard).  Lots of crying in the first one.  A couple of singers got pretty emotional while they were singing.  I was fine.  Church gig number two was kind of sleepy.  Evidently there was some issue with the piano microphone, and emails were sent and opinions were expressed.  I plugged it into the mixer and it worked fine.

Another busy week of 80s crap.  So far I've learned Let's Go Crazy, You Make My Dreams, If You Leave, Almost Paradise, Top Gun theme, Danger Zone, Sweet Freedom, and Take Me Home.  This week's tunes are Ghostbusters, Maniac, Time of my Life, and Power of Love.  Make it stop!

davidfreemanmusic.net