Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Monday gig

Yacht Rock had a Monday night gig this week--some sort of private party for some people who, quite frankly, were ready to party!  We got in there (at the Crown Plaza Ravinia), set up, ate, and let 'em have it.


At one point, I looked out at the crowd and they were doing the electric slide to Kiss on my List.


Another good, solid gig, and once again I had the thought mid gig--"Hey, I'm really not screwing up at all!"  I'm not sure if it's cool for me to kind of be astonished that I'm not butchering a bunch of songs I've been playing weekly for a couple of years now, but whatever.  It's kind of cool--it's like inner peace.  "Man, I'm really doing this and it's actually working!"  I feel like I'm fitting in well with everything that's going on around me.


Ganesh subbed for Mark Cobb on drums, playing the red Vistalites again.  He sounded great!  I really think the sound of those drums suits his playing style perfectly (much more than the Taye kit he has been using).  We also had our 10 High sound man Hans running the system.  Nice to know we had a good pair of ears working for us.  I could really hear him bumping me up for solos.  He was really on it.  I think he liked having a night of work away from the 10 High!

Tuesday morning was another Reagan Rock rehearsal.  Some things went well, and some are still shaky.  Nick sent out an email with the rehearsal schedule for tomorrow's rehearsal, and he said we don't need to go over Almost Paradise again.  Since I'm playing the DX7 part on that one, I feel like I conquered that song--if I'd botched it, I'm sure we'd be running through it some more.  Another dragon slayed!

I had a trio gig Tuesday night.  I'll write about that tomorrow.

davidfreemanmusic.net