Friday, April 8, 2011

Thursday

Last night was the regular Yacht Rock gig at the 10 High.  We had a better crowd than the previous few weeks, but they showed up (almost en masse) about halfway through the first set.

Pete's on vacation this week, so we had Kevin Spencer covering for him, and Cobb's out so Ganesh was in (on a red Vistalite kit!).  Ganesh sounded really good.  I'm not crazy about his regular kit, but the Vistalites sounded perfect, and matched his style well.  I dug it.


I played really well--it was a pretty mistake free night.  It was kind of surprising.  I also got off a couple of pretty good solos (on two brand new reeds).

We substituted Lonely Boy for Who Can it Be Now (and I was happy).  Much more fun for me to play.  Surprisingly (or maybe not), I was able to pull it out of my butt.  I wish we played that one more often.  That song was followed with an audible--I Just Want to Stop--which was easily the roughest song of the night, but I did ok.  I remembered more of it than I thought I would!  Lot of chords in that one.

Here's something different:  I made a time lapse movie last night (with my iPhone on top of my amp).  The audio is from last year's summer show at the Variety Playhouse (Mark Dannells on guitar, me on organ!).  Pretty cool.


davidfreemanmusic.net