Sunday, March 13, 2011

Payback, circa 1992-93


Yacht Rock played our second gig as a U2 cover band (Uno Dos Tres Catorces) tonight at Meehan's in Sandy Springs.

This one was much better than last week's effort.  For one thing, none of us was throwing up (though Nick tried)!  Also, I think on the whole we were much more rested and ready.  I was also able to spend an hour or so going over my stuff (as well as a few hours over the past couple of days).  I felt good.  It was easy, though I can't say that there was really much for me to do.  I played lots of shaker and tambourine.  The toughest part of the night, in fact, was trying to look cool playing shaker;  for that matter, trying to look cool doing nothing on stage!

The crowd was good.  They seemed to be really into it.  I wonder how many people showed up thinking it was going to be smooth 70s soft rock, though.


We opened for Ed Kowalczyk, former lead singer of the band Live.  The girl I was dating at the end of high school (and long distance into college) got really into Live around 1992-93.  I associate that band with that girl--they were the soundtrack to the cataclysmic end of that romance.  I feel like they should bear some of the blame for my pain.   I had thoughts of ambushing him backstage tonight.

So ha!  Now Ed's playing in Kroger parking lot for a suburban beer festival.  She's doing well, too, I see.

I feel better.

davidfreemanmusic.net