Saturday, March 12, 2011

House Live


House Live hasn't played a gig in a couple of months.  I guess nobody's been having trendy parties the past few months!


We were hired to play a 50th birthday party at a really cool space--a new room at a complex called White Provision.  Pretty cool…at one point it was a slaughterhouse, and more recently a U-Haul place (that's how I remember it).  Anyway, there's no blood left, and it looks really good, and the room where we were had really great views.  Upton Sinclair approves!


The gig itself was really refreshing.  I haven't had a lot of opportunities to just improvise and let it all hang out.  About an hour into the gig, I finally felt like I'd played through all my crap and had gotten to a point where I was coming up with some different stuff.  At that point, I kind of zoned out and just played.  It wasn't until later on that I realized that I was no longer playing in the context of the DJ's tracks--it was beyond that.  Maybe that's good, maybe not.  I don't know if anyone would want to stand in front of us and hear my stream of consciousness playing go on for ten minutes straight, but it was cathartic as all get out for me.


I had chicken fried steak and a biscuit for supper.  Good stuff.  It's been too long since I had that.


davidfreemanmusic.net