Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunday Stuff

Sunday morning started off an hour too early.  Why the hell do we still have daylight savings time?  Not cool.  I'd gotten home from my Saturday night gig by 9:30 or so;  I practiced until midnight, and then poked around thinking I still had plenty of time to sleep.  Boo--the time switch snuck up on me.  No good.

Anyway, church gig number one went off without a hitch.  In fact, the leader even mentioned that it was one of the tightest services we'd ever played.  Pretty high praise, considering how often it is dished out.

Sunday night, I played another House Live gig, this time at Stats--some private party for a technology company.  Pretty easy stuff.  We played for an hour, then had about forty-five minutes off, then played an hour and forty-five (with a break).  I continued my stream of consciousness playing, for better or for worse.  We had a table of guys sitting right in front of us for most of the night, and I wondered why it took so long for them to get sick of me!


On the break, we were able to go out and enjoy the patio and the weather.  A great night to be outside!


Here's some audio from the end of the night.  Some saxophone and some flute.

 House Live (alto) 1 by David B Freeman

 House Live (flute) by David B Freeman

 House Live (alto) 2 by David B Freeman

Video?



davidfreemanmusic.net