Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rehearsal and the Radio


We (Yacht Rock) had a Tuesday morning rehearsal for this Friday's big gig at the Variety Playhouse.  For this one, we focused on Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon.  It sounded great.  I don't remember what it sounded like the first time we played this album, but with the second guitar (Greg) and Nick playing more second keyboard, it's really happening.




Speaking of guitar--Mark Dannells was totally unprepared for rehearsal, and still pulled the entire album out of his butt.  You can do that when you're awesome.


I got most of my stuff right.  I screwed up a little on Money.

Wednesday morning we played on The Regular Guys show (Rock 100.5 FM).  We did Time (off The Dark Side of the Moon).  It sounded pretty good.  Dannells was beyond awesome.  Cobb's electronic drum pad took a shit in the corner.  I played the three measures the female vocalist contributed.  Here's my chart:


Pretty easy!


davidfreemanmusic.net