Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cold Beer

Yacht Rock played a gig last night at Sweetwater Brewery--a surprise 40th birthday party.

The low last night in Atlanta was somewhere in the low 40s.  Pretty much as soon as the sun went down, it got super cold.  My hands were hurting by the end of each set (we began around 9:45 and finished at midnight).  Painful.



not pictured, Mark Cobb (on his phone)
















I was really concerned about the EWI freezing up--it happened last year (actually, it's the same gig we're playing tonight!).  No problems, but it was in my head.  Instead I had to deal with the ol' "acoustic instrument played outside when it's 48 degrees" thing--you know, push the mouthpiece in an extra quarter of an inch!  Not fun.

The musicians' union should have some sort of rule about not playing outside when it's this cold at night.  Really--if Sweetwater had just added sides to the tent, it would have made all the difference in the world.  I guess they weren't thinking about me.  Would I have to join the union to get them to enforce it?


ahh, Mark Dannells!







































I ate a lot of ham before this gig.  They had ham.  It was good.  I'd forgotten how much I like it.

Tonight's another outdoor/tent situation.  The frozen EWI gig.  Think warm thoughts!

P.S.  Things like this happen to us.  It's completely out of our control.


Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!


davidfreemanmusic.net