Monday, December 7, 2009

Catching Up


Whoops. It's been a little while since I added to my blog.
So...
Friday was a Yacht Rock gig at the Westin in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. It was a holiday party for an insurance company. Methinks they were a little stiff. Not very much into the party, and evidently very slow eaters. When our scheduled time ended, they suddenly wanted us to keep playing. Peter negotiated a price, but when he asked for the money up front, they balked. Instead they ended up renting our PA for another hour (while we tore down our instruments). Not bad. Drunk rich women still do nothing for me.
Saturday was a Yacht Rock party in a tent in Druid Hills (kind of near Fernbank). This one was a holiday party at a guy's killer house. Unfortunately, we were out in a tent in the backyard. The load in was up a treacherous flight of stairs, and the tent was fairly cold. In fact, it got so cold that my EWI froze up! It would only play one super high note. I brought it home and hooked it all together to see what was up, and as it returned to room temperature, all the notes started working again. Whew!
Sunday we spent most of the day in Peachtree City with my in-laws (it was my father-in-law's birthday party). From there I left to play my church gig in Buckhead, then went home and worked up four songs for a Monday morning Yacht Rock rehearsal. I got to bed after 5:30 AM.
Monday started before 10 AM, which means I am really tired. The rehearsal went well, and I taught, and now I'm done.