Monday, November 4, 2019

Privates

We successfully returned home from Charlotte on Monday at lunch time.

Tuesday morning, we were off again, this time to Miami for a corporate event. Matt Reed subbed on guitar for Mark Dannells (who was able to drag himself out of his South Carolina hotel room and make it back to Atlanta).


The gig was a major clunker. Very few attendees bothered to come back to the ballroom, so we played to maybe a dozen dudes (maybe one or two women, as well) who stood on the far side of the dance floor and watched us. This went on for two hours straight.


We flew home from Miami Wednesday morning.

Friday: Bonus church gig Friday for All Saints' Day, and my face was like James Friggin' Galway. Seriously, I wish my flute playing felt this easy every time--it makes it that much worse when I play like crap.

Saturday, we flew to Jacksonville to play a wedding for a couple of fans. An outdoor wedding in a tent on the beach...hmm...the weather worried me.


Nice gig, though! The weather was never an issue, the tent didn't sound bad, the crowd was great (the bride and groom are fans of the band and have seen us at multiple shows), and Georgia beat Florida (so Kip was happy).

Jason Nackers filled in on drums and Rob Henson played bass. I've been a fan of Rob's playing back to our college days twenty-five years ago, and he was awesome again tonight. Nackers was spot on with everything, and his new jacket looked very cool. Excellent sub work by both.


Sunday: Oh, hey shitty flute face. I was AWFUL at my church gig. My chops felt terrible and sounded bad until about halfway through the service, and it would've been cool if God had helped me in this time of need, but he didn't. Long tones in between the rehearsal and service did. A good nap would've helped even more.