Sunday, November 10, 2019

Not Much to Say About This

Friday: Yacht Rock played Bogart's in Cincinnati. Our third time, I think.


Duke on security!
All the usual stuff here. The gear came in, we set it up, soundcheck was quick and painless, and then I walked to an Indian place about a half mile away. The food is good (hadn't had Indian food in quite a while), but the styrofoam and plastic spoon hurt my soul.


We had plenty of downtime between soundcheck and the show (9 PM start), so I made use of it by warming up a bit more than usual. I felt pretty loose on the gig.


This room filled up quite nicely, and it was cool to see some familiar faces.


Saturday: Louisville. I like this room, too.



All the same things apply here--the gear came in, we set up and sound checked (this one also sounds good), went to eat (tonight at the Mediterranean place a few doors down), played a whole bunch of stuff on flute and saxophone in the name of warming up. We started at 9 PM.

Tonight was the first night where the response to us playing Africa was just kind of average. Has Africa's popularity crested? It's ok with me if it has.


Just like last night, the room was sixty or seventy percent full. Not packed, but no empty pockets on the floor. Another solid show, and some people made the trip from Cincy to see us two nights in a row.


Sunday: For the record, I redeemed myself on my church gig this weekend. My flute face was back to normal.