Wednesday, August 29, 2018

After

The day after the big gig at Chastain, Yacht Rock was in Asheville, North Carolina to play a condensed version of the revival at a place called Salvage Station. It's hard to get excited about the next gig, and this one was a strange mix of a park and a junkyard (hence the name), and the vibe was kind of confusing, and then Asheville is always a strange mix of upper class and jam band noodle dancers. I don't know, man.



Not too bad of a gig, though. The stage sounded decent, and though the crowd was on the smaller side, they were really into it. We brought Elliot, Albert, and Peter along, and the people were suitably impressed. Plus, the show was 7-9, which is about all that I was in the mood for.

Also, the pre-gig food was outstanding! I had some kind of vegan bowl that really hit the spot.


About an hour into the show, I started to notice that my keyboards were getting a little slippery, and then I noticed the drops of something on the keyboard screen and my setlist. Great. The haze machine (to make the lights show up better) was set right behind me, and was spitting fog juice all over my gear, and there really wasn't anything to do about it until the gig was over. I used a towel to wipe off some of it, but there will still be a clean up when I get home. Not happy about this.

my keyboard screen

my computer screen

the offending machine