Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Greg and Glen


And now for something completely different!  I played at Smith's Olde Bar Sunday night with Greg Lee, and also jumped on stage for a couple of songs with Glen Pridgen.  I'd never played live with Glen or his backing band The Breeze Kings, but they seemed pretty cool and the quick rehearsal at soundcheck was easy.  Greg Lee's stuff was likewise fun and relaxed, obviously one of the benefits of playing so many gigs with four guys from Yacht Rock.  My only regret was that I'd failed to bring an amp for my keyboard, and since the monitors were along the front of the stage and I was in the back corner, I was probably a bit too loud in order to hear myself.  I'll get it right next time!


Crappy turnout, by the way.  Smith's Olde Bar didn't help us by mistakenly saying that there would be karaoke in our slot up until a four of five days before the gig.  Anyway, we'll be playing these songs again at the Grant Park Summer Shade Festival August 28 at 1:15 PM.  Come and check us out, and then stay for Indianapolis Jones, happening at 2 PM, 'cause they're awesome.