Working Weekend

Another gigging weekend!  Check out the short version:

Friday:  the Yacht Rock Holiday Show #1 at Venkman's.  Not too bad!  I never quite conquer the holiday songs, but I'm getting closer every year.  I only needed a chart for one song, so that's progress.

The only other thing of interest was a new tune--Boogie on Reggae Woman from Stevie Wonder's Fulfillingess' First Finale.  Is it Yacht Rock?  No, but...I don't know.  I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

We also brought back Never Been Any Reason for an encore, but I don't do anything on that.


Saturday:  we played a corporate holiday party at the Delta Flight Museum.  I've been looking forward to this one for a while--I was desperate to check out the 757 that is the centerpiece of the museum.  Super cool.  It's difficult to judge the size of a jet airliner from proximity of the gate.  Walking around underneath (and inside) was really awesome.  It makes you reconsider the miracle of flight.




This party, like most corporate events, was a bit sterile.  The first set was kind of painful.  The second set was much better in terms of participation.  Nothing interesting to speak of.


However, on break in between sets...



Popular posts from this blog

Zep/Who

Vegas 2017

Mojo Dojo