Sunday, May 3, 2015

Georgia Theatre


Yacht Rock played our first Athens gig in several months last Friday.  It's good to be back!  As best as I can tell, our previous evening here was at the end of August 2014.  We were supposed to play more recently, but we were bumped from the calendar in favor of the Alabama Shakes.  

The Georgia Theatre is a pretty awesome place to play.  Looks good, sounds good.  We had Kip on front of house and Zach on monitors for this one.


Mark Cobb got this slick new drum head.  Way cool.



We ended up skipping Baker Street in the first set and My Life in the second set.  I was kind of bummed about both;  the time when I really enjoy Baker Street is at the big theater shows, and My Life is fun to play any time.  

It appears that Let's Dance is the only keeper from this year's Reagan Rock prom stuff.

Any Way You Want It has been a nice addition, and Nick really nails the vocal every time.