Friday, January 30, 2015

JCT Duo


The Dave and Dave Duo rolls on!  Ellington says that since we have two gigs this month (Sun in my Belly and JCT Kitchen) and two next month (same places), we are officially on tour.

JCT is cool, though in the winter we are in the bar, and it gets loud.  The gig is still a fun workout for both us, though, and the burger and fries are still delicious (I had made my food decision 24 hours in advance).

The new tune for this gig was Stanley Turrentine's Let it Roll.  It sounds kind of like Sugar (also by Stanley), but without the melodic curlicues.  I dig it.

Check us out!



We're at JCT Kitchen again February 19 (6-9 PM, and I'll have the burger, medium), and Sun in my Belly February 27 (7-9 PM).

In between now and then, I'll be playing at Smith's Olde Bar tomorrow night, guiding the horn section for Sazerac's second performance.  We play at 10 PM.  We load in at 4 PM, in case you want to carry my bari sax up the stairs for me.


Friday, February 6, I'll be playing at 37 Main Johns Creek, leading the horns through some Beatles stuff with Please Pleaserock Me (the Yacht Rock guys playing the Beatles).

Tuesday, February 10, I'll be playing at Eddie's Attic, supplying saxophone, clarinet, flute, and very little keyboard to the Greg Lee Show.

At the end of that week, February 13, Yacht Rock will be sailing the highs seas on the Sail Across the Sun cruise.  Ahoy.