Friday, May 2, 2014

Trio #2


I had a really good trio gig tonight, this time with Nick Rosen on keyboard (Kevin Smith on bass).  This was connected to some kind of tour of homes--we were in a big tent next to a Buckhead mansion.

The toughest part of this one was getting there.  All three of us fought the traffic to get there, and once we dumped our gear at the site, we had to park a few miles away and ride a shuttle back to the house.  Kevin ended up going directly to the parking place and bringing his bass on the shuttle in order to save some time (and frustration).  At the end of the night we got to reverse it--ride the shuttle back to our vehicles, then drive to the house and pick up our gear.

Playing was really fun on this one.  They requested that we play lots of "familiar" songs (no love for the David Freeman Songbook?).  We still managed to cover several a few of my tunes.  In particular, I think tonight's versions of Kenny's House and Silverite, two tunes we debuted last night, sounded really good.  I was in such a good mood, I didn't even mind that much that some big butted lady knocked my microphone over into my horns.  Thanks, though.

I think T.I. was there.  I'm not positive, but the dude looked a lot like him.

Anyway, check it out the music.  Tonight's mix was waaaaay better than last night's Kenny-fest.