Monday, April 14, 2014

Palm Sunday

I did two church gigs yesterday.

The first was fun, just as it has been since I began it a few weeks ago.  Hopefully it will continue past Easter!  The combination of musicians and the music chosen has given me great opportunities to improvise and orchestrate some cool stuff.  I'm really enjoying it.


I've been in a rut with my PM church gig--I have the feeling that if I fell over dead in the middle of mass, it probably wouldn't change anything (other than pushing the main fader up and down on the mixer).  In an effort to shake it up, I brought my clarinet to the gig.  Pretty good results!  I think I'll do that again.  Where else am I going to play clarinet?


The PM gig was more difficult than the first one because I took a bunch of Benadryl to deal with the pollen this afternoon.  I nearly fell asleep a hundred times.