Saturday, January 18, 2014

Security!



Please Pleaserock Me (Yacht Rock Revue plays the Beatles) was at Smith's Olde Bar last night.  It was a pretty good show with a couple of new additions:  Magical Mystery Tour, Hello Goodbye, Watching the Wheels, Ticket to Ride, and Yellow Submarine.  I arranged horns for everything except Ticket to Ride, and for the most part I liked what I ended up with.


Mark Dannells used his new Kemper amplifier tonight.  Success!



In the midst of playing our encore of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, with me sitting dead center of the stage playing organ, I happened to notice some drunk guy get up on stage with a saxophone.  My first thought was "Oh God, this is going to sound bad!"  My second thought was, "HEY!  THAT'S MY SAXOPHONE!"  No one on the Smith's Olde Bar staff had noticed the drunk guy walk on stage, pick up my tenor, and pretend to play it.  I couldn't decide what to do--what if I crawl through three guitar players (and probably mess up Monkeyboy during his big solo) and charge the guy, and he drops my horn or jumps off the stage and runs off with it?--so I just laughed at him.  Frankly, it was so bizarre, I wasn't even mad.  The song ended, Greg got my horn back (drunk guy was trying to put it back on the stand backwards), and I shoved the guy off the stage.  No harm done to my instrument.


Just another night in my music career, I guess.