Friday, December 6, 2013

Holiday Party

Yacht Rock played a holiday party last night at Park Tavern.  We usually play outside on the patio, but the ice rink made that impossible.  Because of this, we were tucked in a corner of the downstairs room. It seemed like a pretty terrible situation (acoustically speaking), but in the end, I don't think it sounded bad at all.


This gig was a holiday party for a small company, with maybe a hundred people in attendance.  It never got rowdy, which was cool by me--there were a few people dancing and watching the show, but no drunk people screaming at us.


I felt good about my playing all around--I've had some good solos on Reminiscing lately, and liked my playing on Lowdown last night.  I've finally gotten over whatever I caught in California and my voice is back to normal, so I'm also feeling more confident about my singing.


We're headed out the door today to play in Nashville tonight at the Mercy Lounge.  It's in the 70s here in Atlanta and the 30s up there.  Yuck.