Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ash Wednesday

I played my PM church gig's Ash Wednesday service last night.   It was packed!  I was surprised that there were that many people.  I was there early, and there were two full masses going on before my own.  We were the overflow service for the main sanctuary, and our room was standing room only.

As usual, we were in the parish hall, which feels acoustically like the deadest room on the planet.  Yuck.  Since we were tucked in the corner away from the main speakers (and the music didn't call for it), I spent more time listening than playing.  No biggie.

In other news…

I've decided to let my website die.  This was based on a few things:

1.  Most people are headed to my blog anyway--a search for me on google brings up my blog first.

2.  Everything on my website has been added to my blog as a sidebar, so there's no new information there.

3.  My domain is going to expire, and Just Host has not been helpful at all in getting it (my domain) to point to my blog instead.  The hell with it it.

4.  I got an email from google saying that my site has been compromised by a hacker (a "cloaking" scheme).  Hacking seems really juvenile.  Leave me alone!

So…welcome to my new website!

Also….

I read plenty of griping about the Grammys, and it reminds me of this blog post by Seattle trumpeter Jason Parker, titled That's not MY Music Industry.  Perhaps it's apathetic of me, but I find the Grammys to be like several other things in life--I ask myself, "Do I have to care about this?  Do I have to have an opinion?"  No, I do not.  It doesn't affect me.  I then get on with my life.  Why waste any energy on it?

Upcoming Yacht Rock dates!

February 15, Taste of Dunwoody (Dunwoody, GA)
February 16, Cannery Ballroom (Nashville, TN)
February 24-March 1, Rock Boat XIII (the ocean)
March 2, Park Tavern (Atlanta, GA)
March 14, Wonder Bar (Asbury Park, NJ)
March 15, Theatre of the Living Arts (Philadelphia, PA)
March 16, Gramercy Theatre (New York, NY)
March 17, The Hamilton (Washington, DC)
July 11, Mohegan Sun (Montville, CT)
July 20 (Atlanta, GA)
October 19 (Atlanta, GA)