Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sunday stuff

After another wild night at the Variety Playhouse, I was up early to hit the first of my two church gigs.

The AM gig is back to a horn section, at least for the week.  The three of us (David Trumble, Garrett Anderson, and myself) sounded good together.  We had a good balance.  We played a tune we'd train-wrecked a couple of months earlier, and this time it sounded waaaaaaaay better (and no train-wreck).

My PM gig was OK.  I didn't find much that I wanted to play on, so mostly I monitored the mix, which I think was pretty decent.  Also, there was a football game on, and I monitored that, too.

More videos from Saturday!













Upcoming dates!

January 24, Lincoln Theatre (Raleigh, NC)
January 25, Visualite Theatre (Charlotte, NC)
January 27, Hidinger Benefit at King Plow (Atlanta, GA)
February 1, 40 Watt (Athens, GA)
February 15, Taste of Dunwoody (Dunwoody, GA)
February 16, Cannery Ballroom (Nashville, TN)
February 24-March 1, Rock Boat XIII (the ocean)
March 2, Park Tavern (Atlanta, GA)
March 14, Wonder Bar (Asbury Park, NJ)
March 15, Theatre of the Living Arts (Philadelphia, PA)
March 16, Gramercy Theatre (New York, NY)
March 17, The Hamilton (Washington, DC)
July 11, Mohegan Sun (Montville, CT)
July 20 (Atlanta, GA)
October 19 (Atlanta, GA)

davidfreemanmusic.net