Friday, March 30, 2012

One More at The Ivy

The Yacht Rock Revue played our final show at The Ivy Buckhead last night.  We did our Dazed and Confused stuff, so lots of two guitar/one keyboard stuff.  I spent a lot of time doing nothing.  For the first couple of nothing songs, I turned the volume all the way down on my keyboard and just pretended, but even that got kind of lame.  I watched a lot of Sportscenter…I saw Trent Richardson and Ryan Tannehill's pro day workouts multiple times.




In the second set, I played on four of the songs--one was just tambourine, and one was a wurly part that isn't on the original (so that I would have something to do!).  So…lots of time watching the band.  We did play Whatever Gets You Through the Night.  That was cool.  My other great highlight was sneaking in the intro to Amoreena before the second set.  Thanks to Mark Bencuya to launching my obsession with this song.



davidfreemanmusic.net