Friday, November 11, 2011

Two Solos!


Yacht Rock played the 10 High last night without the one and only Mark Bencuya, who was on vacation.    Eric Frampton covered his role.  Much like my exciting outing with the Schooner at the Dixie Tavern, some of the keyboard parts were flipped--super cool because I got to play some different parts!  It was really fun, and I only sucked real bad occasionally.

I took TWO keyboard solos!  One on Hey Nineteen (that's me on rhodes),

 Hey Nineteen by David B Freeman

and one on The Biggest Part of Me (me on organ and then saxophone).

 The Biggest Part of Me by David B Freeman

Oh well.  It was fun anyway.  I mean, when else do I get a chance to go for it?

Just for fun, here's my organ part and sax solo on Takin' it to the Streets.  It kind of strays from the original:

 Takin' it to the Streets by David B Freeman

Fun!  Bencuya's back tonight, so we're back to normal.  The end of my vacation, too!

davidfreemanmusic.net