Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quartet Gig!

Wow!  Last night was a cool little trio gig.  Tonight was a terrific quartet gig.  Super fun!  We (Tyrone Jackson, keyboard;  Kevin Smith, bass;  Marlon Patton, drums) were in the bottom of the Hub at the World of Coke.  I guess it was the acoustics of where were positioned, but we were able to play with all the energy that could be brought, and nobody was offended.  I was surprised--we were really pushing, and yet everybody was cool with it.  It made for a wonderful evening.  Wish I had more of these!

The band was very generous in interpreting my tunes and putting up with my strange harmonic sense and bizarre phrasing.  I am EXTREMELY fortunate to get these guys.  Who could ask for anything more!

Check out the audio (I promise it's worth it!):



davidfreemanmusic.net