Thursday, June 23, 2011

Better (Excruciatingly Early) Mornings


Yacht Rock played on the local CBS morning show "Better Mornings Atlanta."  We had to be there at 3 AM.  That part was not too hard…I'm used to staying up late.  The fact that I had to stay awake until 7:30 AM or so…not so fun.



We loaded into the TV studio at 3 AM.  Set up, soundchecked, changed.  We played a few bumpers (as the show was going to commercials) and a couple of camera shots.

If you care, you can see the videos here:

5 AM segment

6 AM segment

Web Extra

Most of my stuff is inaudible.  You should be hearing piano on the first segment (on the chorus you can hear a little bit of the synth, so I know the line works).  The second segment is a little better--you can kind of hear me because the guitar and piano parts are kind of sparse.  The Web Extra segment is about like the first (I'm not there)--I love the part where there's the big synth solo and you can't hear anything. And you still can't.  And then Bencuya adds his layer on top and it's really loud.

Screwed by another shitty mix.  Staying up also shot Wednesday to hell.  Yippee.

davidfreemanmusic.net