Thursday, May 12, 2011

Emergency Pad Fix

The overwhelming majority of my blog posts are silly stories centered around my job.  How about something useful!

Monday night, I played flute for hours and hours…one of those nights where I was really feeling good.  When I tried to warm up on Tuesday, all my lowest notes were gone.  I thought, "Wow, I really overdid it!"  so I played long tones in the middle of the flute and worked my way down, but the notes on the foot joint were really difficult.  After about an hour of not being able to get it happening, I inspected my foot joint.  Aha!  My Eb pad had kind of disintegrated.

Until I can get to Bryan Lopes for repairs, I'm using saran wrap.  It works well in an emergency!  Wrap it over the key, twist in the back, and put a piece of scotch tape there to hold the twist in place.





davidfreemanmusic.net