Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Melting Point























Yacht Rock played in Athens at The Melting Point last night.  A great gig!  The sound was wonderful and the room was really cool.

We met up at the office and headed out of town, stopping along the way at our favorite gas station.



The stage was kind of small, but we were able to make it work.  The sound was great!  It was a really good volume on stage, and I really dug that I didn't have to turn up that much because I could hear myself in the house.  Yeah!  The sound guy--Mike--was very good and paid attention to us.  All the solos got a good bump in volume.



I got kind of worried when I set up and we tried my line and got nothing--same thing as at Andrews!  Mike fixed it, though.  It was a problem on his end.


Ganesh played drums with us.  Danni covered for Greg Lee.



My only major flub of last night was the breakdown on Lonely Boy.  It was a reverse brain fart!  I was going along and not really thinking about what I was doing, and right at the break where everybody but me drops out, I started consciously thinking about what I was doing, and then I had NO IDEA what I was doing.  Damnit!

Mike Bielenberg filled in for Bencuya.  He did very well!

Pete and Nick covered the stuff that Bencuya and Greg usually sing, and they were perfect.

Dannells played some great stuff on Doctor, My Eyes.  He started the first solo with this AWESOME bent note.  I wish I could do stuff like that.























Great gig, great night!  I even took a nap in the van on the way home--woke up back at the office.

davidfreemanmusic.net