Thursday, October 14, 2010

Yachting on Lake Oconee

Yacht Rock played a private party at the Ritz at Lake Oconee last night.  It was a pretty easy gig, and they got us rooms there for the night.  How sweet is that?!


When we turned up at the rehearsal space to load gear into the van, Sugarland was there conducting tour rehearsals.  No doubt tweaking Jennifer Nettles' fake twang.


We stopped for gas somewhere.  Bencuya didn't want to.



Soundcheck looked like this:



The Ritz is really nice.  The weather was fairly uncooperative--we set up with no cover, and then a cloud sprinkled on us, so we moved inside.  After that, it never rained again.


My highlight of the night occurred on Peg.  I got kind of funky (for me, anyway), on my clav part.  I'm a long way from Stevie Wonder, but at least I'm not playing chord, chord, chord.  

We're back in town for the day to do a couple of gigs, and then out again tomorrow!  Stay tuned for more.