Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yacht Rock on the set of Die Hard

The Yacht Rock Revue played a benefit for the Mito Society.  The gig was on the eighteenth floor of the Terminus building in Buckhead.  Here are some pictures:

We played well.  I can't really think of anything horrible happening.  It was very nice to Mark Bencuya back on stage with us.  It's not the same without him!
The room, as you might imagine, was pretty horrible for listening.  Concrete and glass...hmmm...looked cool, sounded bad.
We debuted Reelin' in the Years last night.  It was a little rough;  maybe a little tense feeling.  We ran it at soundcheck and then played it during the gig.
My goal last night with the gig (other than to keep my mistakes to a minimum) was to try not to look at my hands when I was playing keyboard.  I've gotten much better about it, but I made a conscious effort to keep my head up and trust my hands.  For the most part, I was good.

We watched a really big thunderstorm roll through.























Here's the view over the back edge of the stage.  Right down to the disco Kroger parking lot!



davidfreemanmusic.net