Thursday, September 9, 2010

Exiles at the 10 High

I played with Main Street Exiles last night at the 10 High as part of our one month residency at the 10 High.  Last week's attendance was super sad...$75 split between seven guys!  This week's attendance was much better.  Too many dudes, but hopefully the women will come around.

The band is sounding better and better as we find our groove and get comfortable with each other.  I can't think of any crash and burn situations...instead there were lots of "we're rockin'!" moments.  Fred McNeal continues to amaze on guitar and vocals and persona.  I think he has some of Keith Richards' DNA.

Freddy told me I'm nailing the Bobby Keys thing (sax player for the Stones from the early 70s to the present).  That's cool--he said, "You don't understand!  That's the best compliment I can give!"

We added Rocks Off and Heartbreaker this week, and both went well.  Hopefully we can keep the momentum through the end of the month!
davidfreemanmusic.net