Thursday, April 30, 2009

Website Builder

I noticed while trying to contract musicians for a wedding ceremony in North Carolina that most musicians are difficult to find.  By that, I mean that if you are in search of a trumpet player in Asheville, and you type "trumpet Asheville", you don't get alot of useful results.  You might find private lessons, but not a link to somebody who can play your gig.

This spurred me into getting a website up and running.  I purchased a domain name (davidfreemanmusic.com) and found a host (who also provided me with the free domain davidfreemanmusic.net).  I started last night trying to get something out there, but I do not speak enough computer language to know what I'm doing.  davidfreemanmusic.net  is there, but it's really just a place holder until I get around to making a good looking website, and optimizing the search engines so when somebody looks for "saxophone Atlanta" they can actually track me down.  Good luck to me!