Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday


I'm sure I'll be crashing soon.  Beth is out of town from Wednesday to Saturday, so it's just Jack and me right now (and Reggie, of course).  I fell asleep in Jack's bed after reading stories Wednesday night, and then he woke me up around 7:30 Thursday morning.  Thursday night I didn't get to bed until after 3 AM due to Yacht Rock, and then I was up again this morning at 7:30 trying to get him ready to go to school.  I'm probably already asleep and just don't know it.

Yesterday might have been one of the best in recent memory.  I helped out a student by transferring/transposing some music to Finale and emailing her a PDF, and then I got busy practicing.  I managed to find time to hit all my horns.  I think my self worth must be tied to how much I can practice;  yesterday was a high point!  Even after all that, I still had time to get outside with Jack for a little over an hour.  

Last night's Yacht Rock was pretty good, though I think we're ready to move on to some new songs.  Mark Cobb played lots of crazy stuff in the first set.  I think he must've been checking out his JoJo Mayer stuff this week.  The second set got a little tense on stage, resulting in a brisk rendition of "Little Jeannie", but no blood was spilled, and I think things will eventually be ok (for a week).  At some point in packing up I dropped my sunglasses.  I can't find them.  If you picked them up, please bring them back to me.

One strange note-Melkonian ran his fingers through my chest hair on the break.  That was weird.

We had a killer thunderstorm pass through here last night.  There's lots of trash in my yard.  I need to get out there and get working on it before I have to go get Jack at school.  I think my gutters are full of those fuzzy oak tree things.  Also, my grass is growing as we speak, so I'd better get out there before I have to rent a combine.