Skip to main content

August 2026

August was busy! We finished July with that wedding rehearsal gig in Montana, and August 1, we packed up and flew west to the California State Fair.

Saturday, August 1, 2026: Bozeman, MT to Sacramento, CA. We had a 10:30 AM lobby call to head off on the next trip. Kip and I went a little bit early to deal with all of my instrument cases. 


Once I got through security (which felt a little worrisome because of lots of travelers moving through a small airport), I found a place where I could snag a burrito for lunch. We had plenty of time before boarding, so I walked laps from one end of the terminal to the other---trying to stay off my phone.

The first leg of today went to Salt Lake City. I ate my burrito somewhere out there, took a nap, and tried hard to ignore the screaming kid behind me (it was bad enough that the lady next to me turned around to check out the the situation).


The layover in Salt Lake City was just under an hour. I walked more laps. Once we boarded, I found that I now had a loud kid in front of me. I also had an adult man who got on at the last minute in a full soccer uniform (except for the cleats). Strange times.
Sacramento baggage claim

We took a few cars to our hotel, which was slammed at check in. We sat (Peter Searcy stood in line for us) for around forty-five minutes. 


We went out to a family dinner at some Mexican place. I guess it was fine.

Monkeyboy's strange drink included a chair



They had a mariachi band! The trumpet player played half of the first set with his zipper down. Eventually, I couldn't stand it (wouldn't you want to know? was my reasoning), so I passed the word along through our waiter. Two powerful vocalists, loud trumpet, and the accordion player reading charts (presumably) off his phone.


This was my dinner. Mole sauce is not my favorite, but it was vegetarian.



After we went back to the hotel, I hit the gym and ran on the treadmill. It was still very hot after dark.

Sunday, August 2, 2026: Sacramento, CA. I got up and went in search of coffee. The coffee shop in the lobby was closed, so I was forced to pay $25 for this fruit plate in order to get what I wanted.  And the service was crappy. 


After doing my run on the treadmill, I walked across the street to the mall and had a personal pan pizza. It was not a Pizza Hut, but the recipe looked identical. It was good, too!

I got excited because the menu said they served sweet tea, and then the waitress asked if I want agave or sugar packets. Goddamnit! That's not how it's done!



I headed over to the Cal State Fair stage at 1:45 PM. The backline guys didn't have any of the gear on stage yet, so the whole setup was immediately out of whack, as we had to wait for them to unload the truck and walk everything to the stage. They were pretty all-around crappy, and so was their gear.


Thank god the stage was covered. It was really hot.



My laptop overheated at soundcheck and shut down, so I put it and my saxophones away until just before the show.

The catered dinner was...unappetizing? I opted for the peanut butter and a water. 

There was a meet-and-greet scheduled, but it turned out to be just one woman, and she spent the whole time advocating for us to hire her brother as a substitute vocalist if we should ever need one. He had performed a lot with a yacht rock band in California.

Remember how I'd put my laptop away after soundcheck? When I plugged it back in and turned it on, I muted the channel on my mixer so it wouldn't make a bunch of noise. Unfortunately, I failed to unmute it! We started to show with Rosanna (which I has a synth solo that I play on the EWI/laptop), so I had to immediately bail on playing parts to figure out what was wrong. I closed and restarted the music program (MainStage); I turned the computer off and on; I unplugged everything and plugged it back in...at the last second, I remembered the mute button! I stood up and played the solo like nothing had been happening. I took me four or five songs to regain my composure after that.

Some of the buttons on my top keyboard didn't work all the time, and so I missed the transition between Africa and Everywhere.

The volume on the bottom keyboard kept getting louder throughout the gig, so every few songs I would nudge the volume knob down a little more.

My saxophone reeds felt really mushy. I think they're about worn out, but the heat really accentuates it.

Glad we had a hard 9:30 PM curfew! I was ready to get out of there.


After we got back to the hotel, I walked back to the restaurant where I'd had the pizza for lunch, and had a veggie burger and fries for dinner. It was the most satisfying food I'd had in California.


Monday, August 3, 2026: Sacramento, CA to Washington, DC. 11 AM checkout, so I dragged myself out of bed and ran on the treadmill at 9 AM.

This was another flight with a layover--this time going through Minneapolis. The two old people sitting next to me wore head-to-toe purple. Another flight, another nap for me.

I picked up a burrito and a fridge magnet for the flight from Minneapolis to DC.



The toddler next to me on the flight couldn't sit still for the first hour, and then once he passed out, his mom had to struggle with his limp body, which could not be confined to a single seat.

The dude behind me was really tall, and every time he shifted in his seat, I could feel his knees push into my lower back. I bet that he was pretty miserable.

DCA is a pretty airport

The tour buses were parked at a DoubleTree near the Pentagon. We didn't have hotel rooms (slept on the bus. When we showed up after midnight, everybody had to spend some time getting their suitcases and bedding just right before we could go to bed. Jet lag made it possible.

Tuesday, August 4, 2026: Day Off in Washington, DC. I slept until 10:45 before I finally pulled my shorts on and headed off to a coffee shop. Once I'd accomplished that, it was close enough to lunch time that I decided to walk to a nearby Indian restaurant.

It was a poor restaurant experience, let's say. I walked in at lunch time on a Tuesday, and there was nobody there, and when I say nobody, I mean no customers AND no staff. I stood at the door, and after a minute or two, a guy came in and said hi as he walked past me and kept going to the back. A little bit after that, I guy came out and seated me and took my order. 




Guy number one came out, and a third guy came in, and they talked at length about problems they were having with the refrigerator. Guy number two stayed on his phone, breaking off it just long enough to bring me my food. 



The food was fine, nothing special. And then I sat and watched my waiter look at his phone for a few minutes before he happened to look up and notice that I was finished. 

I went to a running store after that, but they were too eager to sell me something. I fled the scene.

Back at the Doubletree, it was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day in the lobby, so hell yeah to dessert!




I ran on the treadmill at the Doubletree because it was another hot summer day, and then the bus was empty, so I played some in the back lounge for a few hours.


I went to a tacqueria for dinner. Good tacos! Lots of salt and loud music, though. Not sure what to do with the radishes or cucumbers. It was a weird place with no one to acknowledge you when you walked in--do I just grab a table, or wait, or what? And then you order using the QR code stuck on the table, so you're kind of on your own for the whole thing.


When I got back to the bus, the key to the shower room was available, so I took a shower and gave up on this day. I woke up a few times, mostly notably at 3 AM when our driver started the bus and kicked on the other air conditioning system.

Wednesday, August 5, 2026: Dewey Beach, DE. I had coffee on the bus, and decided to try running in the heat. This route is pretty awful. Maybe next year I will put some time into finding some place better! It's mostly down the four lane highway with no shade and lots of traffic. 


After a shower, I set up my gear and then ate lunch (peanut butter and an apple).



Dinner! Not bad. I should ask for less cheese.

Good gig! I played well.

Thursday, August 6, 2026: Dewey Beach, DE. Day two, night two! We slept in the parking lot on the bus. At least we were able to leave all of our gear set up--the Bottle and Cork is able to close the building up enough that I didn't feel like I needed to put my keyboards and all that away (I still put my saxophones back in the case).

Ok, so coffee and the same run again, and it was even worse than Wednesday. Those last two miles were rough. 


a veggie burger for lunch


The room was available for a few hours before soundcheck, so I went in and played flute for over and hour. I also swapped out all of my saxophone reeds.

dinner

OK gig. I never really was in the mood to play this one, do I was just kind of doing it. My solo at the end of Taking It to the Streets was an accurate reflection of this--what a bunch of noisy bullshit!

The EWI was working fine at beginning of the night, but then it stopped making sound towards the end of the night. I unplugged the audio cable and plugged it back in, and it was fine again. Why?


The stairs to the green room are outside of the building, and when I'd finished packing up my gear at the end of the night and I was heading up to take a shower, the security guard stopped me to say, "You were the one playing that thing!" Yes I was. Thanks for noticing. Whatever that thing was.

Friday, August 7, 2026: Philadelphia, PA. We spent the most of the morning waiting in a a Wal Mart parking lot because the venue didn't open until 11 AM. When it finally did, our bus ended up parked a block away from the door. Kind of annoying.

I went for a run at noon. It was rough, even though I tried to keep the pace easy.

I ran along the river. The line in the middle is some kind of GPS error.

pretty day, though

After my shower, I set up my gear, and then headed out to lunch around 2:30 PM. Another deserted Indian restaurant. 


holy moly this food was so good

this was my dinner. It was pretty crappy. The cubes on the left are tofu; cubes on the right are potatoes

Pretty good gig. I definitely played better than last night.

At the end of the night, I had to walk around the block to get back to the bus, and I kind of thought I was going to get mugged.

Long ride across Pennsylvania tonight (six hours).

Saturday, August 8, 2026: Pittsburgh, PA. I was up for over an our in the middle of the night--I don't know what woke me up, but I listened to an entire record before I finally settled down again. 


Anyway, coffee, set up my stuff, went for a run. It was hot, but also I got going a little too fast, and ran out of gas at the end.



I ended up with a dressing room to myself, so I played a lot of flute before soundcheck, and a lot of saxophone after dinner.

Soundcheck (and camera check) took a super long time because we haven't used them since mid June (Tanglewood, MA).

veggie burger and fries for dinner

This gig was pretty good. Stage AE--nice room! and we had a great crowd. My solos were kinda bullshit again, though.


After packing up, I put most of my clothes and stuff back on the bus, and we took cars to a hotel (we're going home!).  Along the way, we drove through a really severe thunderstorm. I thought for a second our driver was going to pull over and wait it out.


Sunday, August 9, 2026: Pittsburgh, PA to Atlanta, GA. The Pittsburgh airport is pretty nice. I walked around a lot because we were here entirely too early for a flight on a Sunday morning.



Wednesday, August 12, 2026: Atlanta, GA to Newark, NJ. Our plane had a mechanical issue that delayed us for ninety minutes, and they'd disconnected the ground air conditioning, so it got warm in there. At first, that was fine, because it caused me to take a nap, but then I woke up, and it was a bummer that we were still on the ground.

Anyway, we eventually got going, and once we'd reached cruising altitude, it was burrito time.



The buses picked us up, and went to Staten Island, where we spent the night (on the bus, parked next to a hotel).

Thursday, August 13, 2026: New York City. The buses were denied use of the tunnel coming into Manhattan (according to our driver, it's subject to the whims of the Port Authority), so they went around and came across a bridge from New Jersey, and then went around the southern tip of the city...anyway, it took three hours longer than we'd planned.


Once the gear made it up to the stage, we got the gear set up and ate lunch (beans, tofu, broccoli pictured below).


A hot run, and lots of people and detours...I'm making excuses about the pace.


cookies!

dinner

As always, New York is a stressful gig, and expectations were very high, and it was sold out. We got through it, but there were wireless issues with the guitars, and camera problems (the handheld froze up and stopped working--maybe it overheated?). Glad this one's over.


Friday, August 14, 2026: Asbury Park, NJ. We left New York at 4 AM. I woke up when the engine cranked. I woke up again a few hours later because somebody was noisily digging around in the closet in the back of the bus. I finally woke up for good around 9 AM to drink my coffee before a 10 AM photoshoot at the Jersey Shore. The pictures turned out great, but I really could've used the sleep.


Anyway, back to the Stone Pony, set up my gear, ate lunch (3 tofu tacos from MOGO). 



Slightly cooler temps today. The run wasn't too bad.





veggie burger for dinner


The gig was fine. Nothing to report.


Saturday, August 15, 2026: Asbury Park, NJ. After coffee, I headed off in the opposite direction from where I usually run in this part of New Jersey. Woo! Big money here--Deal, NJ.





I had tofu tacos for lunch again. Why not? Then, I set up my gear--we had the option to leave most things set up, but with the ocean being so close, I started putting the important things away, and ended up putting everything except my keyboard stand back in their cases.



dinner, blah.

flute warm ups for all the flute I wouldn't be playing tonight


So, the big news of the night was that my Nord started sounding weak early in the show, and then it started freezing up, and finally it crashed. Permanently. The crew guys took it off stage and tried to revive it, but nothing worked. We're hoping it can be brought back with a factory reset tomorrow. 


I played the rest of the gig on one keyboard. Difficult, but not impossible. 


In other news, we played Born to Run as the first encore, and it went over well.


Sunday, August 16, 2026: Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA. We spent a few hours in the morning parked in a shopping center in Tyson's Corner--it was too early to pull up to Wolf Trap. 

After coffee, I got my Nord out and plugged it in, hoping that it would've returned to perfect condition during the bus ride, but...no. I tried to get it to see my laptop, but...no. Hmmm. This is not good. 

Before we left New Jersey, Kip rented me a Nord to get me through the next day, so I was covered, but my Nord was definitely not going to play another gig any time soon.


Nick and I got sandwiches for lunch, and I ate mine while we drove to the venue in the rain.


Once we got parked on the loading dock and went inside to claim dressing room space, Bencuya sent out a message that he was locked in the back of the bus. There was some kind of electrical issue, and the power from the venue was making it worse. We unplugged the bus from Wolf Trap, and were able to free him.

After setting up my on stage gear, I went to work taking apart my Nord, hoping to find a loose connection somewhere inside that was causing it to act up. No luck. Boooo. 

P.S. Dear Dave: you don't have to take the fourteen screws out of the bottom to open this sucker up. It just makes it more difficult to get everything back together.


Oh well. I went for a run, hit soundcheck, took a shower, ate dinner, and did my laundry.


dinner was perfect

substitute Nord worked fine

I accidentally washed my wallet with my laundry. Money laundering. Ugh.



It took a few songs to get the rented Nord's volume balanced to my other stuff--what I mean by that is that I accidentally turned it up waaaaaay too loud and almost blew out the PA. But I eventually found a good level for it. Sorry?


Wolf Trap got a perfect version of the Africa solo. Woooo! Buuuut also a lot of lame saxophone solos. Whomp whomp.

A lady in the front row (like front row, center) spent about half the show with her hands over her ears, ducking down like she was seated on an active runway. Things like this are always confusing/distracting. How about asking to be moved to a different seat? She was also trying to use her AirPods' noise canceling feature, I think. Anyway, it was too loud for her, but she sat there and looked miserable for two hours.


Monday, August 17, 2026: Secaucus, NJ. We had two days off here in Secaucus, living on the buses in the parking lot of a Hampton Inn here.

We weren't in a good spot for running--I thought I was going to have to run a hundred laps in the parking lot--but instead I headed off on a route that seemed like it might be ok. I guess it was...it wasn't so great. Sort of an industrial area with lots of dust and big trucks. I do not recommend it.


I left my wallet on the window sill of the bus overnight, hoping that the morning sun wound dry it for me, but alas, it was still really saturated, so when I went to take my shower in the room, I set up the hair dryer to blow hot air into it, and after about five minutes, it was dry enough that I could put it in my pocket again.


After lunch at Chipotle, I went over the New Jersey Transit bus stop and caught a ride to the Port Authority in Manhattan. Easier than expected!

First stop: the afternoon jam session at Jazz Cultural. I knew that if I chickened out, I'd be mad at myself, so I brought my horn and played a few tunes with the locals, and it went just fine. Lots of guitar players on this day. I was there from 4:30-6.


After that, I walked up Broadway with Chris, who had also been at the jam playing piano, and he dropped me off at Lincoln Center to see the Jason Marshall Big Band. Playing in the band was Sam Dillon, with whom I'd had a saxophone lesson last year. When I ran into him at the elevator, he remembered my face, but not my name--"you had a lesson with me!" and at some point he said "You should've let me know--I could've put you on the guest list," so here's the text I sent him a week before this gig asking him to put me on the list.


Ok, so Dizzy's Club is the name of the jazz club at Lincoln Center. It was pretty expensive--I want say it was $65 a person--and then you had to spend $30 on food and drinks. The band was great, the food was good (fancy, but I needed more of it). I probably wouldn't go here ever again. It felt like a corporate jazz club.


a roasted pepper with spinach and 

I got out of Dizzy's around 8:30 and walked down to the Village Vanguard to see the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra. Wow! What a great band with great charts, and in such a legendary spot. 


I sat with a bunch of other dorky jazz guys--killer seats right in the middle of the room. We were very excited to see the big leaguers play.


When that show finished, I took the subway back to the Port Authority with the idea that I would take the bus back to Secaucus, but the wait time was almost a half hour, so I went outside and called a Lyft. More expensive, but I was back at my bus right when the NJ Transit bus would've been leaving New York. Worth the extra money.

Tuesday, August 18, 2026: Secaucus, NJ. Today, I ran in the opposite direction from yesterday's run, and it was less bad.


After that, the same shower, Chipotle, and then I hopped on the bus into New York.



I once again played at the afternoon jam session, which was an entirely different group of people--lots of vocalists today, and plenty of tunes I didn't know--but I still got to blow on some stuff. My favorite thing at this session was one of the pianists in attendance, who was watching nearby while I was taking a solo over Scrapple from the Apple, and every time I would play something weird, he would flinch! and then when I would play something bluesy or inside, he would not his head in agreement. 

I rode the train down to the village, grabbed a few slices of pizza, and headed to Smalls for a show at 7:30 pm.


There was a young quartet playing. I never could decide if they were geniuses or if they were bullshitting. The rhythm section seemed good, so I guess I'm just blaming the sax player. He was just floating along over what they were doing. It was like a stream of abstract ideas with no punctuation.


Hungry again, so I got a sandwich at a deli around the corner.


This was cool. I met up with several of the Yacht Rock family and we saw Bill Frisell's group. It was great. I'm glad I was able to bring my friends to see something that I love.



we had great seats

This is what it sounded like:


We took cars back to the bus, arriving around 12:30 AM.

Wednesday, August 19, 2026: Hampton Beach, NH. It was a very bumpy ride to get here. Lots of braking. All to say, I didn't sleep well, or enough.

The usual stuff:  coffee, peanut butter for lunch, set up my gear. I ended up getting out for my run at 2:30 pm, and it was eighty degrees, but somehow not too awful.






We had soundcheck at 4:30, and then I spent about an hour playing saxophone while the room was empty. I found a place where I could order a veggie burger and a salad to go, so when the room opened, I went and picked it up.


the green room



Good gig tonight! Got Africa right again.


We have two nights here, so we left it all set up. Woo! Off to sleep in the parking lot.

Thursday, August 20, 2026: Hampton Beach, NH. I woke up around 9:30 am. The bus was getting too warm to stay asleep. It also seems to be drooping to the front right corner.



For lunch, I went to a shitty Mexican place down the street, and it was shitty. Like, the rice was barely cooked--it was crunchy. This is bullshit.



I went back to the venue--thought I might be able to get a nap going, but it wouldn't stick, so I went and played clarinet for an hour before soundcheck. After soundcheck, I played saxophone for an hour...aaaaaand my lip was really sore. 

I did the to-go veggie burger and salad again, and still found forty-five minutes to practice flute before I had to go get dressed. 

Awesome crowd tonight! A sold out show. My Taking it to the Streets solo was not so good. Africa solo was, though. Also, I almost knocked over our most expensive camera when I was dancing around like an idiot.

My alto transmitter pack seems to be dying, and Van is concerned, so we're going to try and swap it out to see if we can isolate why the sound keeps dropping out.

It's not just me--the keytar is having some bad MIDI problems lately, and The Great Bencuya is doing his best to nurse it back to health.


Friday, August 21, 2026: Boston, MA. We left New Hampshire around 3:30 am, stopped at a Wal Mart at some point in the early morning, and finally landed at the Pavillion in Boston. Hooray for a nice, cool morning.





Same stuff again...coffee, set up my gear, lunch, went for a run...



I ended up cutting through Little Italy on the way back to the venue


dinner (vegan meatloaf and Brussels sprouts)

this is not my only serving of frozen yogurt today


Big crowd tonight!

Regarding the sax signal--Van and I decided to try swapping out the microphone on my alto, and the dropouts still happened, so tomorrow we're going to try a different transmitter pack.

My solos were pretty good, and I managed to work the Close Encounters theme into my cadenza at the end of Taking It to the Streets.

The Great Bencuya decided to use the internal sounds on the keytar tonight instead of wireless MIDI to control his Fantom, and it worked flawlessly. We have a solution!



Good night! We're going to go sleep on the loading dock!


At the end of the night, we tarped everything.


I ate all of this after the show

Ugh. When I was going to bed, I got super dizzy in my bunk. I woke up a few times feeling really nauseous and sweaty. Not good.

Saturday, August 22, 2026: Boston, MA. A slow morning, hanging out, drinking coffee backstage.




I eventually got myself together enough to go get my run dun. A little wandering, a little sightseeing.






dinner

I did not partake, but this is funny




Sold out show!

The spare transmitter pack on the alto proved to be a success, so we're keeping it that way.

I had a particularly noisy Taking It to the Streets solo--Hans would describe it as "Primal Freem"--with lots of unmusical shrieks and honks.


After the gig, everybody spent some time dividing up what we would need for the next few days--the buses were going home, so we had to empty our belongings from there, and only essential gear would be going from the semi trailer into a box truck for the next couple of days in Nantucket (the semi would not fit on the ferry).

In other news, the dizziness is still there, but I didn't get the hot flashes, so I guess it's getting better.

Sunday, August 23, 2026:  Travel Day (Boston to Nantucket). I misunderstood today's schedule, and it kind of wrecked the day. I thought we were getting off the buses at 8:30 am to take the ferry to Nantucket, so I got up early (before 8) and had my coffee and got all set. It turns out that we were leaving the venue--in the buses--at 8:30--so I got up early for nothing, and then I probably could've played dead for a lot longer--almost noon.

Speaking of playing dead, the crew bus wouldn't start this morning, so they had to ride in the front of our bus to the ferry terminal. So I went back to bed, sort of, just to make room.



We had lunch near the ferry terminal, but it was all fish, so I didn't eat. I did make a peanut butter sandwich on the bus as a last resort.


After that, we went and got in line for the ferry. I think we sat there for more than an hour.


Right as the ferry was about to begin loading, the skies opened up, and so everybody got wet walking to the boat. We found some available seats, and then I fell asleep for the entirety of the trip.


hello fren

We were delivered to a few locations around Nantucket. Kourtney, Monkeyboy, Bencuya, and I had rooms at this little boutique hotel. 



I went to my room and slept for a few hours. I'd brought some apples and about two-thirds of a loaf of bread, so I ate that.



And then I went for a run.





The band was invited to a party/cookout at a house where our crew was staying. It was mentioned that we should bring a change of clothes because we were doing an ice bucket challenge. I didn't want to do that, so I didn't go to the party.

Instead, I walked down the street and had pizza and a salad. Good pizza, bad service. $30.


I did not understand that my pizza was going to mostly be just dough and tomato sauce

Monday, August 24, 2026: Nantucket, MA. Slept late, coffee, went for a run (it was hot!). I tried exploring in a different direction, but it wasn't so great.


After a shower, I found a place for lunch (veggie wrap!), and then called a car to take me to the venue for setup.


tiny stage!

While setting up, the bar was open, and one of the locals came over to tell me "I thought I heard a saxophone. I used to play clarinet in junior high," which is always a weird conversation. I've never understood why anyone tries to equate their school band experience to my career.

"Did you ever play clarinet?" 

"I did, four days ago" I replied, but he ignored me and went off talking about what he felt were the main differences between clarinet and saxophone, as if none of this had ever occurred to me.

The show poster for this place was created, and then it had to be redone for a correction, and whoever did it used AI, and it messed up our photo, much to our delight.




here's the original picture

dinner

The gig was fine, even though the stage was really dark and really tiny. We went with a different setlist because our show was too big to work here. 


When we walked out to begin, the bass wouldn't work, and Greg and the crew tore all his stuff apart trying to figure out what was wrong. They got it working again, but nobody knew quite what had happened. 


Nobody liked the 9:30 pm. We got back to our hotel after midnight, even though we were able to leave everything set up on stage.


Tuesday, August 25, 2026: Nantucket, MA. Quicker paces on today's run (same route as Sunday afternoon).



I found a place that had veggie burgers for lunch.


There wasn't much else to do, so I walked the mile to the venue instead of waiting to catch the shuttle with the rest of the band.



It gave me a chance to get my saxophones out and set them up. Speaking of gear, the crew guys plugged Greg's bass in, and everything worked normally. Gremlins!

After soundcheck, the band was invited to a cookout at a cottage on the other end of the island that a friend was renting, and I went because I'd bailed on the other party. After five minutes there, Pete and Nick were talking to the friend, and the rest of the band was standing in a circle drinking. A few minutes later, one of the hosts pulled out two large bags of marinating meat. Not wanting to wait an hour to find out if there was anything for me, I immediately went into an adjoining room and called a car to take me back to the venue.

Nice place, though!






I had the ol' reliable peanut butter sandwich, chips, and an apple for dinner in the RV/green room behind the bar.





Same kind of gig. It was fine.


Wednesday, August 26, 2026: Travel Day--Nantucket to LaGuardia to Atlanta.

breakfast at the airport: The Toast of France!




lunch at LaGuardia

Saturday, August 29, 2026: Atlanta, GA!  I made it to Chastain with seconds to spare before it started pouring. The rain continued for about forty-five minutes, and it was serious enough that the crew had to tarp everything.



Dinner--some kind of Italian tofu thing. It was good!


It was fun! Monkeyboy had a bad show and got really mad and cussed and slammed doors after the show, but everybody else had a good time.