Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Here's What's Up

Thursday: Yacht Rock played the Georgia Theatre in Athens. It was a very full house, which, for some reason, surprised me. I guess I was thinking that Thursday wouldn't be a big night, especially with a 9 PM start time. Also--ugh! 9 PM! That put us back in Atlanta around 2 AM. 

Kind of an average gig for us, playing-wise, though.


Friday: We played a private/corporate party at The Roxy. This one had a some things working against it--first, I think the room was too big, so when people left or walked off to the bars, it felt like there was no one there. Also, they had a long program (dinner, awards, band), and I think we'd lost a fair number of people before we even took the stage. The long day also affected us, as we had to get there really early, set up (and after hanging around, never get a soundcheck), and then hang around for three or four hours before it was time to play the show. I did squeeze in a lot of practicing and a run, so I got something out of this night.

We we kind of coasting through this one.



Saturday: We played Venkman's. It's sort of a similar situation--there's a lot of down time between setting up and playing the gig, which kind of drains some of the enthusiasm for playing.

Venkman's was packed, though, which helps!


There was a DJ after our set. That always inspires me to exit as quickly as possible.