Sunday, September 8, 2019

Athens, GA

The Georgia Theatre never disappoints.


Nice gig! Everybody (including Keisha and Kourtney Jackson, who were with us for this one) was in a good mood, and you could feel it on stage.


You know how I usually hate my solo on Biggest Part of Me, and then it turns out that it was at least decent? The opposite happened here: I felt like I did pretty well, and then a friend sent me a video of the solo, and it sounds like I'm just randomly trying some shit out. Thus, here's a picture, but not a video!
  
photo cred: Chadwick Hunter

We also played our original, Step, which we had debuted at the Revival show a couple of weeks ago. I'm still trying to get the hang of it--not quite comfortable yet. Also, we closed the night out (like the Revival) with Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm not sure why, but I felt like I was wildly pitchy for the first section--like there was no tonality, and I just had to go off muscle memory.


Anyway, yay Athens! It was good to see y'all.