Sunday, May 5, 2019

Two More

This busy week continues! Thursday night, I had the good fortune of playing lead tenor in the Atlanta Latin Jazz Orchestra. It's always a challenge--sometimes I'm on bari, sometimes second tenor, sometimes lead tenor--and the setlist changes just as frequently. It's super fun, though, plus it's good to hang out with a bunch of guys I don't see every week. And I didn't totally suck! Great gig.


Here's the video from Venkman's, in case you missed the gig.



Friday night was the Yacht Rock Revue's annual performance of Purple Rain. This year, we were lucky to avoid dragging all of our stuff out to a tent deep in Piedmont Park, instead performing at The Roxy (fifteen minutes from home!). I'm not sure if it sold out, but it was definitely packed.



This was another really fun show, and it felt like we zipped through it. We've played this album enough times that the performance is really relaxed. I'm as cool with column two as I am with column one!

Extra kudos to Ganesh Giri Jaya for learning all the drum parts on short notice!