Wednesday, May 1, 2019

More Airports!

Last weekend: relatively easier in comparison to the previous weeks' travels.

Friday: We played some sort of hospital fundraiser at the community airport in Covington--the usual "stage in an aircraft hanger" situation. Right? One would think this would be a boomy sounding mess, but it was a surprisingly good stage sound.


In typical corporate fashion, the first several songs were played to an empty dance floor, but after about thirty minutes, we broke through, and the dancers were plentiful.


Very easy gig. Really, the only tough thing was sitting in traffic on a Friday afternoon to get out to Covington. 

Saturday: Noon flight to Connecticut. 

someone left their breakfast in the Park and Fly
This gig...maybe some kind of fundraiser in Darien? I guess I wasn't paying attention--I have no idea. Anyway, we flew up there, set up, sound checked, and still had four hours to kill. I went for a run around town.







This gig (I mean the room) sounded terrible, but it didn't matter because there was A LOT to look at. Money and good genes everywhere you looked. Good lord. Thanks for that.


Sunday: We (most of us) were on a lunch time flight back to Atlanta, so I did a loop around White Plains, NY before we caught the hotel shuttle.






I'm trying to watch the movie Can You Ever Forgive Me? but between the two flights (and two naps) I still have about ten minutes left. I'm not wishing to get on another airplane, but I would like to see how it ends.