Monday, October 29, 2018

Monday Night Football

Monday night (now a week ago), Scott Glazer's Mojo Dojo played at Elliot Street Pub, just blocks from where the Falcons were playing the Giants on Monday Night Football. The entire area was choked with cars, either parked or searching for parking. What a mess. I tried a lot near the pub, but turned away when the guy wanted $60. I ended up in a street spot about ten minutes away.

The band was Scott, John Sandfort on tenor, Nick Johnson on guitar, Nick Rosen on keyboard, Jon Chalden on drums, and me (also on tenor). Pay no attention to this photograph.


It was a little bit like Mardi Gras--the band set up on the sidewalk, people standing around in the street with drinks, obnoxiously loud tailgaters across from us, and a constant stream of jerseys into and out of Elliot Street. The playing was fun as always--Nick Johnson pretty much destroyed the other three of us who were also charged with soloing--and the hang was great. We finished just after 8 PM.

I walked back to my truck to find a $25 parking ticket, which is probably what I would've paid to park legally, so...there's that. It's annoying for a gig that only paid $75, though.